Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

BC In Motion


I went up to the Pavilion around lunchtime today, just to collect a folder I had left behind on Wednesday, and found lots of activity, including two local mayors in attendance and Ian Austin MP, promoting BCInMotion (A Sport England funded programme aiming to get inactive people doing sport)! You can follow the project on Twitter (HERE), and no doubt elsewhere too. It's great to see the Park being used for other things like this - I wish I had known about it though, so that I could have gone prepared - I only had my iPhone with me, and missed most of the action.


There is lots happening locally over the weekend regarding the Black Country, particularly at the Black Country Living Museum and on Saturday at the Dudley Archive (the new building next to the BCLM) -  don't miss it! And the Black Country Day is actually on Monday. You can see the logo/flag on the extreme right of the photo above - apparently flags, stickers etc are running out, so get one while you can! For those into facts, the flag illustrates how the Black Country was famously described as 'black by day and red by night', with chain making a major industry, and of course the glass cone.