Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Planting in Priory Park - volunteers needed!

As I'm sure most of the people visiting this (web, or the Park itself) site know, there has been a lot of work going on recently. We are now near completion of the Lottery Fund (MANY thanks to HLF!!) improvements, but there are still some things to do, and WE all really need to make sure that the Park can be maintained in the condition that it is in following the work, or perhaps even better (given that vandals have already destroyed some of the early improvements).

So, please support this initiative if you can: I'll be on holiday on Orkney, and much as I'd like to be on Priory Park supporting this, I really don't think I can! Please accept my apologies for not maintaining the web site as much as I should have done for the last 4 months, but cataracts have been a problem. However, they are now fixed - great to be able to see properly again!

If you can help, please let Senior Park Ranger Lydia Allt know - 01384 812474
07557 323171 lydia.allt@dudley.gov.uk

"We have a large planting project coming up in Priory Park and are once again looking for volunteers.
Around the existing pond garden we will be putting in herbaceous borders in order to improve the diversity of the area and provide better areas for the newts and frogs to hibernate. The gardeners are busy preparing the new beds for us and I am looking to find as many volunteers as possible with just over 1000 plants to be planted!
The dates that I have penciled in for the planting to take place are Monday 9th and Tuesday 10th September, 10am-3pm with lunch provided."